Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Holiday Season is Here...

I know the holiday season is here because... we are busy! Today we have Mike's work party, tomorrow we head to Idaho for Christmas with my family, back tomorrow afternoon so Mike can fly to Boise for work, Mike returns Monday night and flies to Wisconsin for Christmas...at which point he will be able to rest...meanwhile, I continue traveling "Around the World" in my 2nd grade classroom until Friday and then I leave Saturday to meet up with Mike and his family for Christmas. So...doesn't it seem appropriate, especially considering "Murphy's Law", that we should get "The Call" from our agency this week?!?! I guess it is just my wishful thinking and hoping. Mike's thinking is that the call won't come in the midst of our busy-ness, but rather just as we start to relax and have nowhere to be and nothing to do...then that's when we get the call. In all reality...I am happy with either scenario!! We just want to meet our "Little One"!

As for our travels "Around the World" in my 2nd grade classroom...yesterday, we stopped off in Russia and the Ukraine. I have a student in my class that was adopted from the Ukraine (yes, God works in mysterious ways) and she brought some treasures her parents bought when they were there. She had one of those Russian hats they wear (not sure of the name)...it is so beautiful and soft! A huge Matryoshka nesting doll set, and a Pysanky egg. It was so wonderful to see her marvel in her countries traditions! Another students grandparents are living in the Ukraine and that student was able to bring in lots of gifts that they had sent her...even a Russian Monopoly game! Needless to say, I was enthralled with all of the treasures they brought! I can't wait until we can experience our babies culture!

4 comments:

junglemama said...

Cool! I wish my 2nd graders got to travel around the world.

Troy and Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun classroom!! I am hoping for the call also and if Murphy's law is the way - then fine by me!!!! Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy in the meantime!

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun "Around the World" day. Isn't it funny how everything Russian or Ukrainian now catches your eye whereas even a year ago, you may have passed it by.

We will pray that you receive the Call!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture,
I had to laugh, thinking about your story of trying to get it taken.
Since we just spent an hour on the phone I won't take up much space on my comment.....Love you, Mom
Dad sends his love too.