Sunday, March 16, 2008

9 Months!?!

Yes...we've been PaperWork Pregnant (PWP) for 9 months!! In the "fertile world" this would mean baby is coming soon...however in the "adoption world"....different story. We are still waiting for the call that there is a baby for us...once we get the call, then we travel on our first trip and meet the baby. A perfect analogy that I read somewhere before...the first trip is like an ultrasound...you get to see the baby, make sure he is doing okay, but you don't get to have him yet! Then we wait for the 2nd trip, which is when we actually bring him home (this would be the labor part). So, back to the 9 months...this is the amount of time that our paperwork has been in Russia, but we have actually been working on this adoption for 13 months! If you are able to read between the lines...you can tell that my patience is dwindling! Luckily, my dear husband, a.k.a. Optimistic Mike, keeps me sane!!

Where do we go from here? No more lounging around eating BonBons! Our agency informed us that our documents expire from the date we created them...guess what that means? Yes...we are back to doing paperwork! Since, most of our paperwork was dated in April, we have to update those documents! This includes our Homestudy. So...back to the computer! Luckily, this will keep us busy and prevent us from staring at the phone-willing it to ring!

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I totally understand the expiring documents as we just had to redo everything before we traveled. At least it feels like you are really doing something again towards the final goal - your child. Hang in there. We waited that long and it was so worth it. I'm stalking your blog for news of a referral!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I've been checking for updates, and I'm glad you have something to report although I too wish it were a referral call not a paperwork one! :) Although you have to update this paperwork, it will be very worth each one of them when you hold your child in your arms. I'm so happy you'll be going to Vladivostok! We have such a heart for Vlad and Irina and Lana. We can't wait to read you are on your way and all of your updates while you're there. You're getting closer, and it WILL happen! Check check check down that list knowing your one step closer to your little boy. Hang in there! :O)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. We feel as though we have a very similar story...Jimmy B. fans, paperwork completed & sent in June 07, our agency was accredited in Nov. 07, waiting for a referral in Vlad., need to redo paperwork that expires in April. The only BIG difference is that we're Nittany Lion fans!! Ha ha. I will keep checking in with you hoping that you get the call soon!
Diana

Nancy said...

Yes, the paperchase trail of updating. But, it must be done :) Keep the faith, it will move everthing forward.

I keep thinking I'm going to check your blog & there will be news of a referral. I feel you are so close!

Alas, I'm still waiting :( going into 27 months now. It will be so surreal when "the call" does come for both of us! It will happen!

The ski trip - what fun! I haven't been skiing in years - but loved it when I lived close to CO. Maybe I need a mini vacation, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how cute all of your dogs are! I think a little boy would be the perfect addition to your wonderful family. You are both wonderful people and I feel so lucky to have you in my families life. Suzanne adores you both and loves coming to visit...we will have to plan another get together soon.

I will keep checking back for an update and if there's ever anything we can do to help, please let me know! Val

Joel and Clarion said...

We got your blog off of CHI website and we wanted to say that you will love Vlad! We were there in February and are waiting to go back and get our boys. It was a truly awesome experience. We hope are pray you will hear something soon!