Friday, May 2, 2008

Ch..ch..ch..ch..Changes!

After 15 months with our agency, we made the decision to part our ways. We loved our consultant, but felt that things were taking way too long. We are well aware that the world of international adoption requires patience, patience, and more patience but it seemed as though we were slowly going nowhere. Our dossier has expired and so it seemed like the perfect time to make a change. So, we decided to apply to another agency that works with a fewer number of families.

We actually feel excited and hopeful again! We look forward to hearing that we are accepted with the new agency. Then it is back to the paperwork!

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Mike and Heidi - We were originally right in front of you guys in Vlad I think and we feel that if we had not changed regions and upped our age range a bit we would still be going nowhere also. I am happy that you sound excited about your new agency and I certainlyhope you hear some great news soon. Please keep us all updated! We're excited for you and your changes!

Joy said...

Some times a change is in order. I agree that the staff at CHI were wonderful but I do think it seems that your wait has been a bit long for what ever reason. I hope that you are able to get everything done quickly and that your referral comes very fast.
Joy

The Wilson's said...

I am sure that this was a tough decision. It does seem like things are picking up in Russia now. I hope the summer vacations do not delay you too much. Good luck with the move and I hope that you get the call very soon.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Heidi,
Good luck with your new agency! My husband and I recently switched agencies too. If you would like to follow our blog too, please email me at townleyt@att.net
Best wishes on your journey! I hope things move a lot faster now!! Take care...Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Heidi: Just read your blog post. We are with CHI now and are about to get assigned a region. But after reading your post we're concerned about the timeline for a Russian girl (age 2-4). We would love to know how you found WCS and we have questions about switching. Mind emailing us? rh1964@mac.com
Thanks. -Roger and Joanne from Scottsdale, AZ