Thursday, March 12, 2009

No Poopka for the Daycare

Well, Bradyn has survived another 2 days at daycare. Day 3 was great...Day 4 not so great! On Day 3 he cried for about 10 minutes and was fine after that. The daycare made a big mistake of telling me that I can call as often as I'd like...and I did! They thought it would be best if I left him for as long as possible to help him get in the routine of things. I guess he did fine, but I didn't! I was a mess...I didn't know what to do with myself, so I resorted to shopping and chocolate (the two things I knew best in my Pre-Bradyn days). It wasn't very fun shopping though because I was so worried about Brady. When I went to pick him up yesterday, the daycare was having a fire drill. Of course I panicked thinking he was freaking out, and then I saw him walking out, holding his teacher's hand. He looked so cute! Once we got home, he immediately went to the fridge and pointed to it. We had quite the hefty little snack and when he was done, he filled his shorts...not once but twice! It seems that he doesn't want to go poopka at the daycare.

Today was a rough day. When I was taking him there, he did great, almost seemed excited. But, when I left he supposedely cried off and on for an hour! Ugh! I kept him there through naptime again and the teacher said he was doing much better after awhile. She said that he ate 2 plates of food! They did sensory time again, but this time they didn't go to the scary tactile room...they stayed in his room. She let them play with shaving cream and she said he LOVED it. He kept signing and saying "more, more". When she was done she was wiping the table off and he came over with his blanket and helped her wipe off the table (using his blankie). He's such a good helper! He was relieved to be home again (literally and figuratively). He had 2 poopka diapers for me within the hour! As we were leaving today, we walked down the hallway and the teachers would all say "Good-bye Bradyn". He wouldn't do or say anything. Then we got outside and some random lady was walking by and Brady said "Bye-Bye". I guess he wanted to make sure we were really leaving before he said his good-byes. Only one more day left and then I start full-time next week. I have applied to the district to see if I can jobshare with another teacher for next year and go part time. Waiting to hear if it has been approved....keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, only one more day this week, and then a fun weekend with Mama & Papa before starting full time next week.
Brady will do fine, if Mama can make it.....It'll take awhile, but he'll get into a routine, and know that you will be there to pick him up.
We'll keep you and him both in our prayers....Each day will become easier for both of you.
Love you Oomba & Oompa /Mom & Dad Taresh XOXOXOX for our Bradyn.

Unknown said...

I am totally in love with Brady and your blog. thanks for sharing your family life with us!

Rhonda
xoxo

Nicole Brueck said...

Heidi,
It sounds like he is doing okay there. It really is harder on us than it is on them. 2.5 months in Ryan still cries, but he is doing better each day. Too funny about only pooping at home...LOL! Ahh...remember the days pretravel when all we could dream about was poopka diapers?
Crossing my fingers and toes that you can go PT. That's what I work and I LOVE it, best of both worlds.
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was a better day we hope things will get better and better every day love kevin shelia