Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quite the Charmer


Well, we just got back from our second baby home visit and we are smitten!! He came into the room with a HUGE smile! I had the camera in my lap ready with my finger on the shutter, so that when he came in I could get his picture. Well, excitement overcame me and I remembered to press the button, but forgot to hold the camera up and aim it at him. The good news is…this is one picture we can actually post. I realized what I did and forced myself to remember how to use a camera the rest of the time we were there. He definitely recognized us and was excited to see us. He was very happy and active for the hour and a half we were there. The three of us worked up quite a sweat, playing and taking pictures. He is very loving and affectionate; snuggling and cuddling into us, leaning his head into our head, and leaning back to see our faces when we hold him. He is very aware of his surroundings and watches anytime someone comes into the room. One of his caretakers came in and you could tell that he loves her. This is encouraging to us because we know he has attached to another, even though it will be sad for him when he leaves. However, we don’t think it will be a problem for long as he is VERY fond of us, as well. He was excited to play a game with Mike and I. He would walk from me to Mike, giggling and laughing as Mike would grab and squeeze him. Then he’d turn around and walk to me giggling and laughing, and I would grab and squeeze him. This went on for quite a long time!! The belly laughs, smiles, and hugs proved that all three of us loved the game. The interpreter was able to get some of it on video for us…we’ll treasure that! Our day began with us hearing great news from our International Adoption doctor. He analyzed the information we had and he didn’t have any questions for us to ask or any concerns. We will get to see our little guy one more time tomorrow and we know it will be difficult to say goodbye. So, we will definitely enjoy every minute.

7 comments:

True Story said...

Sniff sniff..I am soooooo happy for you guys and the little Ruski! Worth the wait!
Sandy and Ryan

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting this has to be for you two, I can hardly wait to get my turn at loving him in person, my prayer is that the second trip is real soon, so he doesn't have time to forget.
Our love and prayers are with all three of you.
Love all of you.......
Mom & Dad Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

He sounds very happy, and all three of you will make a wonderful, happy family. Can't wait to see the video and pictures.

JN Designs said...

Ashley wanted me to check on you and see how things are going. It sounds like very well! We are so happy for you all! It sounds like this little guy is truly meant to be yours! I am getting chills just reading your posts. We hope things continue to go well and you get to bring him home soon!

Ashley and Jenny Newton

Shannon said...

Hi Mike and Heidi! I love your stories of the little guy. He sounds like such a cutie! I hope you enjoy your visit tomorrow and have a safe journey home. I'll be praying for a fast court date so that you can return quickly to bring him home.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you sent me this link-
Mike and Heidi, you guys are two incredible people (your pets tell me all the time) and you will make the best mommy and daddy ever!

Joy said...

Okay that is a very funny picture! LOL. At first I was studing it trying to figure out what it was then I read the post.
Joy