Friday, September 26, 2008

Hurry up and W..A...I...T...!

Hurry up and wait...hurry up and wait...hurry up and wait! Such is the life of international adoption. We thought we had finished our final cycle of "Hurry Up" and that we were just in the last "Wait" phase...when we got a call from our agency saying that the judge was requesting another Home Study update (yes...that would be 2 updates, now). Needless to say, I thought the world was coming to an end. Luckily, Mike was optimistic saying "At least we know the judge has looked at our papers and they aren't sitting in the corner". True, true...so, with the help of Mike and my family, I pulled myself together and pressed on and entered the next round of Hurry Up...except of course--we had to wait. Our social worker was out of town. Finally... we got the update yesterday (hurry up, hurry up!) and we were excited that Mike would be able to take it to get it apostilled at the Capitol today (hurry up, hurry up!). We decided we'd go ahead and pay the $60 per page apostille fee for our 6 new documents (hurry up, hurry up), just so we could get the documents sent off and it might get Brady home quicker. So, Mike made the trek up the capitol stairs (hurry up, hurry up!) and low and behold, the governmental offices are now working 4 - 10 days....yes, that means they were closed today!! (Is that the sound of screeching brakes?) Ah yes...time to wait...and wait...and wait.... This means we won't be able to send the papers until Monday, which is really Tuesday in Russia...factor in the travel time, and translating time and what do you get? Yes, MORE "wait, wait, wait". Am I cynical? Maybe...I guess it was time...I've experienced every other emotion possible on this journey...why not cyncism?

So, we have immersed ourselves in other activities to keep our minds and hearts from screaming...
I've decided to get back into ballet classes. It has been wonderful, but I can barely walk right now. I guess I should have taken it easy my first day back, but of course not, I had to go full steam ahead and I've been sore since!
Mike's project has been finishing a room in our basement, complete with wiring (Thanks Dolan), sheetrocking (Thanks Larry, Tom, and Ian), and now mud and tape (thanks Tom!). Looking good, isn't it?
We've also been excited that The Office is back on!! (And Survivor & the Amazing Race). All of these things have helped keep our minds busy, but I don't think anything will ease that ache of missing Bradyn...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog addition......so true
sounds like life in general.....
we feel your frustratation too, just keep praying, and keep Brady's image ingrained in your brain & heart, and know that it is in God's hands and we really need to trust his judgment in it all.
Not as easy at it sounds though.....
The room is looking good,Mike....
Heidi I'm so glad you are in dance again, it'll help....The Office certainly left a lot to ponder about.....Angela pregnant???
We'll keep praying for a speedy reply...Love you lots Mom & Dad

Amy said...

Ahhh you sum up the whole process well! Sorry about your latest hiccup. Speedy court thoughts for you!!

Joy said...

I keep thinking I am going to look at your blog and you will be in Russia holding your little one. I can just feel it the call is coming soon.
Joy

Nancy said...

I know one day very SOON I'm going to come to your blog & you will be announcing you are on your way . . . court date!

Ahh, the wait. Some days it is just so HARD! But, that precious day will come & Brady will be in your arms FOREVER! Keep that Perfect thought!

Nancy

Troy and Rachel said...

Hurry up - no wait! True to the whole process. I can't believe the apostilling office was closed. Well, like Mike said - at least the Judge is looking at your papers. Sounds like you are keeping busy. The basement is coming along great!

Amy said...

Tag, you're it Heidi! Giving you something to do while you are waiting... read my blog for details, but I have tagged you!!

Nancy said...

I know you are swamped! But . . . Tag, you're IT!

Nancy said...

I know you are swamped! But . . . Tag, you're IT!