Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Pirate's Life For Me!!




My sisters, Tami and Jody, decided to throw me a baby shower, but not your typical baby shower. Since Bradyn is a toddler and his room is decorated with a PIrate theme, they decided to throw me a Pirate Shower! They decorated the house with cobwebs, pirate flags, treasure chests (complete with jewels), pirate cake, and even foggy grog (dried ice in juice). When we arrived we could hear pirate music playing! To top things off, we all dressed up as pirates! Even my little nieces were dressed up! For those of you who know my fear of birds, you will be shocked to know that as part of my outfit, I wore a parrot on my shoulder!! To add to the ensemble, I had tattoos of my boys on my arm. We had an absolute blast! Bradyn was showered with so much love...if only he were here to experience it. My dad and sister made and painted a chair like one of the chairs in Bradyn's Baby Home, so he will have a little bit of Russia with him. Even Mike got to join in the festivities at the end of the evening. Thank you Tami and Jody for giving us such a fun shower! Thanks to everyone for making it so special! Aargh!

3 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

Heidi, that looks like so much fun! LOVE IT!!

Troy and Rachel said...

That looks like tons of fun!! How creative! Love your new tatoo (!)!

Nicole Brueck said...

So Cool! Can't wait to hear about when you travel again.

Sending you good thoughts.