Sunday, September 21, 2008

Third Times A Charm...Right?



Can you say 3 showers?? Yes, we've had 3 showers!!! We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives, who care for us so much! On Friday, my 2nd Grade team of Teachers threw me a baby shower! I'm so lucky to work at a school that has such supportive, caring, and wonderful people! Everyone was so generous, and once again I am overwhelmed by the excitement, care, and support of SO many people! These are the people who see me, day in and day out, and experience on a daily basis, the range of emotions that I go through since I started this journey. They've given me hope when I wondered if I'd ever get a referral. They've shared in my exhuberant excitement when I finally got the call to meet our little one. And now, they hold me up, when I think I can't go on with another day of waiting! Thanks to all of you! To add to the excitement of the day, my Mom and sister, were in town and came to the shower with me. It was nice to have them there to experience another celebration for Bradyn and to have some girl time while Mike was out of town.

So, now that I've had 3 showers...shouldn't that be the charm that brings on the court dates? I know that the court dates will come when it is God's will...but I love looking for meaning in everything. The fact that this was the 3rd shower isn't the only "3"...This was the 3rd baby shower at our school...the last 2 showers ended with the mothers going into labor that night. Also, It has been 3 months since we saw Bradyn. Today will be the Green Bay Packers 3rd game. We have 3 animals in the house...so, now all we need is Bradyn and then we have 3 humans in our house!! And....I'm really hoping that our court date will be in 3 weeks! Okay, okay, I know this may all be far-fetched, but it's fun none the less!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How awesome. You have wonderful friends!!

Troy and Rachel said...

That's great! Bradyn will be lucky to have two wonderful parents and a great support group also!! Hopeing you hear that court date soon. 3 weeks sounds like a good plan!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, It was fun being able to share
your 3rd shower, and meet your teacher friends and students....Your court day will be soon, I do believe
God will see to that.....
Mike, so sorry the Packers lost last night
Love you and God bless you & Brady too...

Roger and Joanne said...

I, too hope you have a quick court date. If not, maybe you'll get to have another shower...how nice...3! Best of luck on hearing something soon!

-Joanne