Monday, October 27, 2008

ANTICIPATION....

Oh boy!! Today is the big day!! Mike is with our facilitator getting the adoption certificate, birth certificate, and court decree. He left at 8:30 this morning and it is now 12:45. I was told that I would be staying behind at the hotel. Hopefully Mike isn't at some Russian bathhouse having to jump in ice cold water after taking shots of vodka. We highly doubt this is the case, but it is just the 2 of them...no interpreter!! Meanwhile, I stayed behind at the hotel and moved rooms to a suite, so that we have a kitchenette area, living area, and crib. He definitely won't be sleeping in the crib...I wouldn't even put our cat in it, as it looks like it will fall apart just by looking at it. Nonetheless, it is nice to have the extra space for Bradyn, even though we will only be here for 2 more nights. Now, I am frantically pacing, knowing that the biggest change of our life is only an hour and a half away. They are supposed to be picking me up anytime now. Pictures will be posted when we get back to our room and settled...settled is the key word. We are expecting quite the emotional ride home to the hotel as this will be his first car ride ever. Tears or no...we just can't wait to see that little face again...and this time it is forever!!

11 comments:

Shantelle said...

Oh, Wow! So exciting! We're praying the car ride goes well. We can't wait to see real pictures.

Unknown said...

yay! sending nothing but love and good thoughts your way. congratulations to you both, you're going to be awesome parents.

Carey and Norman said...

Can't wait to hear about your Gotcha moment at the orphanage and see those first pictures of your precious son!!

Many blessings!!

Nancy said...

I am soooo excited for you!!! That "gottcha" moment is just so, so . . . incredibly amazing, just AMAZING. Words just cannot totally describe it. There will probably be tears, both happy & sad. It is just such a surreal moment for everyone. I remember it so well with my son!

ooohhhh . . . I just can't wait for pictures!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Amy said...

Yea! I have been thinking about you ALL day. Saying ... it's Tuesday in Vlad.

Hopefully Mike survives the "man" day out.

Hi to Mom as well...

When you get a chance, I sent you an email -- asking for your address.

Amy

Sara said...

Congratulations! I've been thinking about you three all day. Here comes the BEST of your life. Enjoy.

Sara

Anonymous said...

Wow, I too am pacing the floor for you, I had a billion questions to ask you when I called and only remembered a couple....I'm sure by the time you read this you'll be back from the baby home with our precious baby boy...can't wait to see him tonight if he's up to the skype thing....
We're praying for all to go well in the car ride.....
hugs & kisses from us.
Talk to you later.....we love you

Anonymous said...

we sit at the computer and wait with white knuckles clicking the refresh botton, anyway we are so happy can't wait to see the pictures
love kevin and shelia

Anonymous said...

I can't even express how excited and happy I am you!! Lots of love on your special day! Angie Pectol

Anonymous said...

We just got to see the most beautiful
baby in the world......thanks to Skype. Thank you Heidi, Mike & Bradyn for the wonderful visit.
You and Mike are perfect in that role
of Mama & Papa
We love you both ....Mom & Dad
and welcome to our family, we love you Bradyn...........Grandma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mike, Heidi, and Bradyn! You are all so blessed to have each other. Mike and Heidi, I can't imagine the journey the two of you have been through with this process. I'm glad you finally get the reward for all your efforts. He is a fine looking boy, with awesome parents. Talk to you when you're stateside. ~ Jay D.