Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vlad in the Fall


Beautiful, isn’t it? We spent the first day celebrating as parents with a little R & R…well, kind of. We woke up at our usual 4:30 in the morning and watched the two English channels that we get, as well as some Russian Hockey. We lounged around most of the day, even getting a bath in! That got us to about 10:00 in the morning…we soon realized that our wait to see Brady is going to take awhile. We tried to get in a game of tennis, they have courts, rackets, and balls at our hotel. Unfortunately, we weren’t ever able to get on because there were some locals using the courts. When we returned the rackets 10 minutes later, the front desk inquired as to why we played so quickly…we told them why and they adamantly offered to kick off the people that were playing. Both Mike & I quickly denied their offer…we imagined what it would be like having some rather stoic Russians glaring at us as I’m running around the court (most likely tripping) and not able to get the ball over the net…no thanks, we can wait! So, instead we walked to the beach and the local mini-market. The beach wasn’t as crowded as it was last time we were here, so it was nice to enjoy the surroundings. Thanks to a little woolite and the bathroom sink, I was able to do some laundry. Then we squeezed in a nap. All these events got us to about 4:00. So, several cribbage games, scrabble, and watching the Office (DVD’s) filled the remainder of the day. Mike had spaghetti for dinner and I had chicken wings, then it was time for several episodes of Lost.

Now, it is Sunday and pouring down rain…thunder and lightning as well! Life is good! (If you don’t know us…we love rain, snow, clouds, etc.) So, it looks like a day of being inside. So far we’ve had breakfast and even worked out this morning! Yes…it was a little difficult. As most of you know…I am allergic to exercise….okay, okay, maybe not allergic, but it definitely is not on the top of my most favorite things to do. I think it will become part of our routine, mainly to fill up the days, and I have to build my arm muscles. My arm was SO sore after holding Bradyn the other day. I can’t wait to hold him again!! We get to see him tomorrow and we’re hoping he won’t be woken from his nap. Tomorrow we get to say “Ya dvaya Mama, sigda” (I am your Mommy forever) and “Ya dvoy, Papa, sigda” (I am your Daddy forever).

Sorry this is so long-winded…just trying to fill up the day! Missing everyone already!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful leaves, take advantage of the R&R it'll soon be over and you'll
be getting plenty of exercise, :-)
hopefully the time flies for you.
Can't wait to meet our little boy.
Be sure and give him plenty of love for us too.
Miss you guys.....
Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want anyone glaring at me either! Good choice. Please keep the updates coming! I keep checking and checking your page with anticipation. Now I'm going to watch the Office and think of you ;)

Love,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Absolutely thrilled for all three of you! I know these ten days will seem like 30 but the wait will end. (Maybe get in a couple of dates because you know that won't be happening for the months and years to come. You won't want to go anywhere without Bradyn). How old is Bradyn now?

Safe travels to Moscow and home.

Jenn and Todd
P.S. Jason and Jody became parents this week too.

Roger and Joanne said...

Seems like a great way to spend the weekend while waiting. Tennis courts...do they have an exercise room, too? I would have done the same...couldn't possibly kick off the Russians playing. Keep the detailed updates coming. Good luck tomorrow!

-Joanne

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are enjoying your time at the Vlad Inn ;o). The weekdays will go more quickly as you'll have Brady to visit.

I got tickled at your excercise comments. I can imagine doing the same! Funny what you'll do when your bored.

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats on your new bigger family! Sorry I'm late getting by! It sounds like you are making the most of your days and enjoying the beautiful weather and trees!