Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Whirlwind of Excitement!!

I'm WIDE awake at 3:00 in the morning...can't tell that I'm excited, right? Since I'm awake I thought I'd document our whirlwind of excitement! We got the call at 10:35 in the morning..."I have your court date, but I don't know if it's going to work"...those were the words I heard from our agency. Then she informed me that our court date is on October 17th, with the problem being that it usually takes 2 weeks to get a visa. October 17th is only 10 days away, which seems like it should work, however, COURT is ON the 17th, that means that we need to be IN COUNTRY well before then! As I'm listening to those words I've longed to hear, my head reeling with excitement, I realized that I have my class of students wondering why in the world I'm on the cell phone!! So, I told her she had to call Mike. I immediately called Mike first and gave him the good news, both of us SO excited, yet fearing that we may not get the visas in time. Mike then talked to our agency and she gave him the number to get the visa. He called her and her words were "There's NO WAY you will get visas in time!" Yeah right...does she realize who she is talking to? So, plan B...Mike calls another place that issues visas and for an expedited fee we can get our passports on Saturday!! Meanwhile, I'm in my classroom, trying to be an effective teacher, wondering if we are going to get this court date!! Finally at 12:00, Mike calls me and tells me that we have visas coming!! Thank you God!! TAnd thank you Mike for doing all the legwork! Next hurdle...getting a flight on such short notice...I'm still in a state of shock, not sure what to do next, and trying to teach math to my students (a challenge for me in itself). 2:45...I get an email from Mike with our flight itinerary!! Is my husband awesome, or what?! And all this is happening while Mike is still working! I think our agency is even in shock that we were able to make this all happen! So...next steps....
Leave SLC Monday October 13th
Arrive Vlad Wednesday October 15th
Court Friday October 17th
10 day waiting period in country
11th day - Gotcha Day
Head to Moscow for paperwork!
Bring Bradyn Home!!

16 comments:

Shantelle said...

Heidi!!!!
We're so excited for you, Mike and Bradyn!! Congratulations from Malaysia!!
Love,
The Strombergs

Anonymous said...

Yea Mike....When God is for you, none can be against you......
Like we have said since day 1 this is God's plan and he is in control, we like to believe we are , but we just obey and it all falls into place.
We too are so excited and so glad Mike's level head prevailed.
I'm sure God has Braydn prepared for
Gotcha day too.
We'll keep praying for a smooth journey home for Braydn.
Love you Mom & Dad

Carey and Norman said...

That is impressive how Mike was able to get your visas and flights booked so quickly! He had done his homework. I'm so excited for you and look forward to following your journey back to Vlad.

JN Designs said...

Megan came home and told Ashley and I that you called Mrs. gunnell yesterday and told her. I immediately got chills. I couldn't be happier for you! That is the greatest news. I bet you will hardly sleep the next few days! He is such a sweetheart and is so lucky to have the two of you for parents! we can't wait to get to meet him! -Jenny Newton

Amy said...

Hi Heidi!! So excited for you...

I can't locate your email -- email me @ danivann@aol.com, when you get a chance!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! So excited for you, Heidi! :)

Rebecca B.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. You two are the most deserving of parents in this world, and remind the rest of us parents to truly feel blessed for the time we have with our own kids. Thanks for being such great role models for the rest of us -- I'm so happy for you. Love, Ineke

Pezlady Jana said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Hooray!!!! We are so excited for you guys! :] Have fun!
Love, Jana Sperry

Troy and Rachel said...

That's amazing!!! We are truly so happy for you all!!

Anonymous said...

We are SOOO HAPPY for you both! I know it has been a long time but you both deserve this! We will keep you in our prayers for a safe trip to go and get Bradyn and an even HAPPIER homecoming!
-Anthony, Sara (Guse) & Drew Novak

Anonymous said...

I'm still crying with JOY for you both -- and your sweet boy, Bradyn!!!

Love, Suzanne

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Way to go on your visas! That's awesome! Where there is a will (and $$ for expedited fees) there's a way! Congratulations again.

Kim

Roger and Joanne said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy for you! Vlad seems like it is typically a little bit of a longer wait. This is great! That means the switch in agency was a good one. I'm hoping (as we are with the same agency) things will go quickly for us, too. I'm sure the next few days will be EXTREMELY busy, but remember to Enjoy every moment. Can't wait for the updates from Vlad. Email me if you can sometime....
hurni@cox.net
-Joanne

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Wow! That is amazing that you got everything together so quickly! That's awesome! Your head must be spinning! Good luck with your packing this week! :)

Joy said...

This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and your husband. I bet you can not wait to see your little man again.
Joy

Todd Fishbaugher said...

Mike and Heidi,

We just found your blog. Tears are streaming down. Few words to describe our joy for you. We will keep you in or hearts all week while you go to court and bring home your little Braydn.

Jenn and Todd Fishbaugher