Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Closer

The days are slowly going by while we wait for that 11th day. The last 2 days have been filled with a whole lot of nothing! It is especially difficult when the internet goes down and the same shows are repeated over and over and over again. We spent today coordinating with my Mom to have her fax us copies of our last 3 years of taxes. We weren’t aware that we needed these, so Mom was a lifesaver to drive 2 hours and 2 different places to fax them to us. We also did laundry today…I know, not very exciting, huh? Luckily, Mike and I are best friends and we enjoy each other’s company. Especially considering we haven’t been apart from each other for the last 2 weeks straight. We are starting to get a little loopy though, things are either very amusing to us, or not amusing at all! We are going to take the train to downtown Vladivostok on Sunday with another adoptive couple. We are looking forward to that, not only to see more of the city, but to fill our day. We are sad that two other families are leaving that we have met here. They were here on their 1st trip and we really enjoyed visiting with them. Well, it is time to start our nightly showing of “Lost”. Only 4 more sleeps!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to be of help.....
Taking the train into Vlad, sounds like fun, be sure & get lots of pics.
Won't be long and this will all be behind you, and you'll be home enjoying Bradyn......can't wait.
Sure was fun getting the loving reception from Sierra & Eiger yesterday, they have a way of making you feel loved....
Enjoy your last few days....see you soon.
Love you, Mom & Dad/Grandma & Grandpa

Carey and Norman said...

I'm glad all is going well. Are you tired of the Inn food yet? You can only eat so many pizzas and chicken fingers ;o) For breakfast, I would get a bagel with ham, egg, and cheese. It was delicious and maybe something to look forward to eating if you like bagel sandwiches. Ha.

We just took our blog private. I'd love to send you a link since our children are both adopted from Vlad. My e-mail is russianfairytale@gmail.com. If you send me your e-mail, I'll forward you the link.

Best wishes!!

Roger and Joanne said...

I didn't realize the town of Vladivostok was so far from the Inn. I can only imagine how old the same place and same food choices can get day after day. I'm so excited for you that soon your days will be flying by because you'll have someone so loving and new to dote after. Enjoy your trip in to town!

-Joanne

Anonymous said...

I count time by sleeps too!! I love reading your updates. We are thinking about you all the time. Jesse keeps saying he needs to buy Mike a present to celebrate.. I keep suggesting we buy one for Brayden instead, but he's being bull headed. I think we'll wait for a real picture before we decide. Maybe Mike will get stuffed dog anyway, he'll have to share. Can't wait to hear about the big day!

Our love.. a&j

Unknown said...

Lost is such a good show -- hopefully you'll enjoy it, but you could get hooked and then arrive back to the US for next season and not have time to keep up!

I'll miss you two! But will keep updated from your blog. Can't wait to hear about the reunion! I have my fingers crossed for a quick stay in Moscow!!

Talk soon, Amy

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope you all have enjoyed your last few days together. By now you may already have or may be getting close to picking Bradyn up for "Gotcha Day!" I hope that things go well in your first few days "officially" together!